Thursday, January 19, 2006

wake up the dawn and ask her why a dreamer dreams, she never dies

Excerpts from philosophy class, Existentialism & Literature, notes from today:

"...how we view ourselves through the mirror of our own existence..."
"No general account of what it means to be human defines for us what it means to be human."
"...causes us to be in the world and assert interconnectedness of the world, and that's how you find yourself."
"transcendence -- you as a person are not simply reducible to your facticity."

These aren't my thoughts. No, no. These are just snippets of what I heard in class and chose to write down. You'll get to read more of these lines this semester, throughout which I will feel more and more stupid and doubt my existence all together.

To relax after those random lines, go to these Web sites:

Potter Puppet Pals - classic
How tall are you compared to famous people?
Chuck Norris facts (parents - be warned)

I'm officially ready to graduate. These people apparently aren't.

1 comment:

Master Baron Von Tuckenstein the First Esquire said...

Your Chuck Norris page made me laugh out loud in my work training class. Now I am in trouble with my boss and not allowed to have my computer on during training.

Thanks a lot Dan, for getting me onto another blog that gets me in trouble at work.

Oh, fun blog by the way.