Sunday, July 23, 2006

I Conquered Google. And: My high school Prom date is now ... gay?

164. That's the magic number. Apparently, you can only keep a single conversation thread going for 100 e-mails using Gmail (by just hitting the reply button back and forth). Once you hit 100, the system kicks the thread back to you and starts a new one. But, the second one only went 64 e-mails. 164. Try it. I defeated the system (with help from my brother). Yes, from June 19 to July 22, we sent 164 e-mails. Some interesting, many not so interesting, but all worth it. Take that, Google.
_______

Zach Braff has now made it his mission to chronicle the different stages of adulthood every few years. First, we had the gem "Garden State," where he examines the randomness of being a mid20sish guy. Now, with The Last Kiss, he's moved on to what it's like to be 30. I kinda like having him chronicling these milestones for me ahead of time. I hope he keeps going. What it's like to have kids, what it's like to have a mid-life crisis, what it's like to not live off of Social Security because it won't be there. All would be helpful.

Strikes against the movie already:
* Paul Haggis (the jerk who won an Oscar for "Crash") wrote the screenplay. Boo.
* Summer (Rachel Bilson) of "The O.C." fame is the temptress.
* Peter Sarsgaard isn't in this one.

If he inserts a couple of songs from The Shins, he might redeem himself. Either way, I'm sure I'll see it.
________

Someone bent my car antennae. Seriously. Like, someone was walking past my car in a parking lot and felt the urge to randomly bend my antennae. Well, that really pissed me off. The radio still worked, but it looked dumb. So, going to Star Dodge Hyundai, I was able to have it bent back into shape. While I was there, one of the workers noticed that my vehicle registration expired in April. About four months ago. Not sure how I didn't notice that one. And of course, to give me a pass on inspection, I had to install new windshield wipers. The trip I took to have my antennae fixed ended up costing $41. It's always something.
_________

What do you do when you find out that a childhood friend of yours is gay? Especially when the means by which you found out were a phone call from another childhood friend sparked by rumors, and later verification of the new lifestyle thanks to MySpace? He was engaged to a girl six months ago. Going from engaged to leading an openly gay lifestyle with a boyfriend in six months is quite a jump. There's a story there. I'm sure I'll find out soon enough.

2 comments:

TKP said...

Sarah, your lack of RSS feed is making me mad because I can't put you on Bloglines. Grrr...get an RSS feed-just change the option on blogger woman!

Anonymous said...

woah, Sarah, fill me in on your now-gay Prom date because I know who that is but since you didn't drop names I don't want to drop names. Email me!