I think I'll have the congregation at my wedding repent aloud for their transgressions as well. Speaking of transgressions, does anyone else think the Anglican church is sketchy as crap? Not only was it founded by Henry VIII so he could divorce Catherine of Aragon, but now the eventual head of the church, Prince Charles, assuming the queen ever dies, is a adulterer and divorce. Those Brits sure are crazy.
So, I learned two things yesterday. One: Never let your car run out of oil. Apparently, I did this. On my way home from lunch yesterday afternoon, my car began to make a strange clicking noise and eventually smoke started drifting out from under the hood. I made it home (after a frantic phone call to the rents while on the side of the road) and my aunt and uncle came to the rescue, buying me oil and putting it in there. So yeah, don't let your car go dry on oil. Not a good thing.
Lesson number two: Be nice to your computer. My computer hates me and has been trying to slowly kill itself for several months now. Luckily, Adam Smith came to my rescue and came over here last night, installing anti-virus crap and cleaning the hard drive. Don't ever try and delete Internet Exlporer from your computer, guys. I thought I was being smart, but no. Not a smart thing to do.
Sometimes I'm amazed that I'm still alive after stupid things that I do. I mean, I'm a smart and logical person but at times you'd think I were blonde. I can't always balance my checkbook. I need a husband who will take care of me and do the taxes and budget the income, as well as put oil in my car. That's all I ask for.
This weekend we went to the Texas Intercollegiate Press Association competition in Dallas and it was a lot of fun. Several of us placed in our various categories, and I got 3rd in General Column and Honorable Mention in News Feature. Jonathan got 2nd in column, 2nd in Feature and something else. Jaci got 3rd for headlines. Lori placed in the live contests and got 2nd for Copy Editing and either 2nd or 3rd for Headlines. Way to go us. Unfortunately, the Optimist did not place in Best Overall, the category we came in first last year. The arrogant Daily Texan (UT) staff earned the top prize. Bastards. We have another shot next year.
Three more weeks of school, then finals, then I'm a senior. That's weird.
Monday, April 11, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment